- Quality, percentage and full blood Lowline cattle.
- All natural grass finished beef.
- Angus based breed for maturity and marblin
- Noted for low birth wt., fast early growth and moderate mature rate, which reduces feeding costs.
- Will marble on grass
- Excellent mothers and calve without difficulty
- Gentle, docile nature and do not require expensive handling facilities
- Developed to produce a smaller framed, heavy muscled and efficient quality carcass
- Ultra sound measurements done in Australia and the U.S. show and avg. 30% larger ribeye area / cwt and 45% less backfat
- Advantages for managed intensive grazing having 2-3 times the stocking rate of conventrional cattle
- Excellent for small acreage farms
- Produces proportionately smaller cuts in tune with todays eating habits
- Breed to first calf dairy heifers and reduce calving problems
- Birthweight: 40-55 lbs.
- Weaning Wt.: 250-300 lbs.
- Mature Cow: 500-700 lbs.
- Mature Bull: 800-1000 lbs.
- Market Wt. Steer: 650-750 lbs.
- *Avg. Half-Blood calf: 59 lbs.
- Avg. 3/4-Blood calf: 52 lbs.
- Homozygous black and naturally polled.
- About 60% of the size of other beef breeds.
- Are free of the dwarfism gene.